CS/HB 7: Civil Liability for Damages Relating to COVID-19
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; McClure ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Andrade ; Bell ; Buchanan ; Caruso ; DiCeglie ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Fischer ; Giallombardo ; Gregory ; Killebrew ; Latvala ; Leek ; Maggard ; McClain ; Mooney ; Overdorf ; Roach ; Robinson, W. ; Roth ; Smith, D. ; Snyder ; Tuck
Civil Liability for Damages Relating to COVID-19; Provides requirements for civil action based on COVID-19-related claim; provides that plaintiff has burden of proof in such action; provides statute of limitations.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Civil Justice and Property Rights Subcommittee; Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee; Judiciary Committee
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Property Rights Subcommittee, 01/13/21, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6
• Now in Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee
• On Committee agenda-- Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee, 02/03/21, 1:15 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Pandemics & Public Emergencies Committee
• Reported out of Pandemics & Public Emergencies Committee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• Added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Judiciary Committee
• Reported out of Judiciary Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/4/2021)
• Amendment 387373 filed
• Amendment 128027 filed
• Amendment 760325 filed
• Amendment 689635 filed
• Amendment 405423 filed
• Amendment 377097 filed
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 689635 Failed
• Amendment 128027 Failed
• Amendment 387373 Failed
• Amendment 405423 Failed
• Amendment 377097 Failed
• Amendment 760325 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 83, NAYS 31
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 286
• Received -SJ 286
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.