CS/SB 72: Civil Liability for Damages Relating to COVID-19
Civil Liability for Damages Relating to COVID-19; Specifying requirements for civil actions based on COVID-19-related claims; requiring the court to make certain determinations in such actions; providing that plaintiffs have the burden of proof in such actions; providing preliminary procedures for civil actions based on COVID-19-related claims; requiring COVID-19-related claims to commence within specified timeframes, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/21, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 176
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/15/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 41
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 191
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/11/21, 8:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -SJ 248
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/21 -SJ 270
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 249
• Read 2nd time -SJ 264
• Amendment(s) failed (273472, 433794, 645490, 735608) -SJ 264
• Amendment(s) adopted (549168) -SJ 264, 267
• Read 3rd time -SJ 267
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 267
• Immediately certified -SJ 270
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/25/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 83, NAYS 31
• Immediately certified
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 333
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 333
• Approved by Governor -SJ 332
• Chapter No. 2021-1
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.