CS/SB 702: Individual Retirement Accounts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Thurston
Individual Retirement Accounts; Specifying that certain interests received by a transferee after a divorce are exempt from claims of creditors upon being awarded to or received by the transferee; specifying that such interests remain exempt; providing retroactive applicability, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/16/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 86
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 372
• Read 3rd time -SJ 372
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 372
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.