CS/SB 7062: Central Florida Water Initiative
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Environment and Natural Resources
Central Florida Water Initiative; Ratifying specified rules relating to the Central Florida Water Initiative, for the sole and exclusive purpose of satisfying any condition on effectiveness pursuant to s. 120.541(3), F.S., which requires ratification of any rule exceeding any specified thresholds for likely adverse impact or increase in regulatory costs; requiring the department, in consultation with specified water management districts, to adopt rules that include an annual drought allocation for supplemental irrigation for agricultural uses and a process for examining an agricultural user’s supplemental irrigation needs as weighed against certain factors; establishing, subject to appropriation, a Central Florida Water Initiative grant program within the department; requiring the department to give funding priority to certain projects relating to the Central Florida Water Initiative, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1309 (Ch. 2021-153)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Environment and Natural Resources
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 314
• Introduced -SJ 314
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 489
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1309 (Ch. 2021-153)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.