CS/HB 9: Protecting Consumers Against Pandemic-related Fraud
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Zika ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Bell ; Benjamin ; Bush ; Casello ; Fabricio ; Fetterhoff ; Giallombardo ; Grieco ; Hunschofsky ; Leek ; Maggard ; McClain ; Sirois ; Smith, D. ; Snyder ; Tant ; Trabulsy ; Woodson
Protecting Consumers Against Pandemic-related Fraud; Defines "personal protective equipment"; prohibits dissemination of false or misleading information relating to personal protective equipment with specified intent; prohibits dissemination of false or misleading vaccine information with specified intent; authorizes state attorney or statewide prosecutor to prosecute violation; authorizes AG to seek civil remedies.
Last Action: 5/13/2021 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee; Criminal Justice and Public Safety Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee
• On Committee agenda-- Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee, 01/14/21, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
• Now in Criminal Justice and Public Safety Subcommittee
• Added to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Reported out of Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• PCS added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Judiciary Committee
• Reported out of Judiciary Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/4/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 286
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Received -SJ 286
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/21 -SJ 745
• Read 2nd time -SJ 730
• Read 3rd time -SJ 730
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 730
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.