CS/SB 950: Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Book
Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety; Revising and providing requirements for the driver of a motor vehicle overtaking a bicycle or other nonmotorized vehicle or an electric bicycle; providing exceptions; providing a penalty; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to provide an annual awareness and safety campaign regarding certain safety precautions; exempting a motor vehicle driver from certain provisions relating to no-passing zones when overtaking a bicycle or other nonmotorized vehicle or an electric bicycle; making a technical change; revising requirements for vehicles turning at intersections; prohibiting persons riding bicycles in a bicycle lane from riding more than two abreast, etc.
- Transportation (TR)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 105
• Introduced -SJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/30/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 350
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 383
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/16/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 547
• Amendment(s) adopted (793004) -SJ 549
• Read 3rd time -SJ 549
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 549
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 746
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-180
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.