SB 996: Community Associations
GENERAL BILL by Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hutson
Community Associations; Specifying requirements for the contents, delivery, and posting of certain association notices; providing that certain associations have the right to seek judicial review, appeal decisions, and represent unit or parcel owners in certain proceedings; providing and revising the parties considered as the defendants in a tax suit; providing unit or parcel owners’ options for defending a tax suit; providing that a condominium association may take certain actions relating to a challenge to ad valorem taxes in its own name or on behalf of unit owners, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 649 (Ch. 2021-209) -SJ 686
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/01/21, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Introduced -SJ 107
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 282
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 720
• Read 2nd time -SJ 686
• Substituted CS/HB 649 -SJ 686
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 649 (Ch. 2021-209) -SJ 686
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.