CS/SB 1012: Victims of Crimes
Victims of Crimes; Requiring law enforcement personnel to ensure that crime victims are given information about specified rights, upon request, at all stages of criminal, parole, or juvenile proceedings; requiring law enforcement personnel to ensure that crime victims are given information about their right to employ private counsel; encouraging The Florida Bar to develop a registry of attorneys willing to serve on a pro bono basis as advocates for crime victims, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 68
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/22, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 449
• Read 3rd time -SJ 450
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 450
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 697
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 695
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-106
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.