SB 2508: Environmental Resources
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Environmental Resources; Providing requirements for budget amendments requesting the release of state funds for specified water project components; requiring the South Florida Water Management District to make a specified certification to the Legislature regarding its recommendations to the United States Army Corps of Engineers; authorizing the Department of Environmental Protection to enter into agreements or contracts with certain entities to expedite the evaluation of certain environmental permits; specifying that the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services may acquire land or certain related interests in land for specified public purposes, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2023 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 4
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/22 -SJ 426
• Introduced -SJ 372
• Read 2nd time -SJ 415
• Amendment(s) adopted (533620) -SJ 416
• Read 3rd time -SJ 417
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 417
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 417
• Immediately certified -SJ 417
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/22/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 981363 adopted
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 112, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• Passed the Senate bill as amended by House and we accede to conference
• In returning messages
• Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee/Appropriations)
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee/Appropriations: Stargel (Chair), Bean (At Large), Book (At Large), Gibson (At Large), Mayfield (At Large), Passidomo (At Large), Perry (At Large), Powell (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Stewart (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government/Agriculture and Natural Resources: Albritton (Chair), Ausley, Berman, Boyd, Bradley, Brodeur, Garcia, Mayfield, Rodrigues, Stewart; Appropriations Conference Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government/State Administration and Technology: Albritton (Chair), Ausley, Berman, Boyd, Bradley, Brodeur, Garcia, Mayfield, Rodrigues, Stewart; Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Perry (Chair), Baxley, Bracy, Gainer, Pizzo, Rodriguez, Torres, Wright; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education/Higher Education: Broxson (Chair), Cruz, Diaz, Gibson, Gruters, Hutson, Passidomo, Polsky; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education/PreK-12: Broxson (Chair), Cruz, Diaz, Gibson, Gruters, Hutson, Passidomo, Polsky; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Bean (Chair), Book, Brodeur, Burgess, Diaz, Farmer, Harrell, Jones, Rodrigues, Rodriguez, Rouson; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Infrastructure and Tourism: Gainer (Chair), Ausley, Boyd, Cruz, Garcia, Gibson, Hooper, Mayfield, Perry, Taddeo, Wright; -SJ 485
• Bill placed in Conference (Agriculture & Natural Resources Conference Committee)
• Conference Committee appointed
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 837
• Conference Committee Report adopted (760174) -SJ 842
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 842
• In Messages
• In Messages
• Conference Committee Report considered
• Amendment 760174 adopted
• Conference Committee Report adopted
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 99, NAYS 8
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1219
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2022-156)
• Veto Message received (2022 Special Session A, 2023 Special Session B, 2023 Regular Session) -SJ 7
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 7
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.