SB 2524: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Education; Revising the goals of the Florida Center for Nursing; revising the requirements for school district and charter school capacity determinations; revising Department of Education duties under the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program; establishing the distribution methodology that early learning coalitions must use to distribute school readiness program funds to eligible providers; creating the Driving Choice Grant Program within the department for specified purposes relating to the transportation of certain students; establishing the Linking Industry to Nursing Education (LINE) Fund for specified purposes, etc.
Last Action: 6/3/2022 - Chapter No. 2022-154, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7 (Ch. 2022-72), HB 5001 (Ch. 2022-156)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/22 -SJ 426
• Introduced -SJ 374
• Read 2nd time -SJ 408
• Read 3rd time -SJ 408
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 408
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 417
• Immediately certified -SJ 417
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/22/2022)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 239289 adopted
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• Passed the Senate bill as amended by House and we accede to conference
• In returning messages
• Bill placed in Conference (Appropriations Conference Committee/Appropriations)
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee/Appropriations: Stargel (Chair), Bean (At Large), Book (At Large), Gibson (At Large), Mayfield (At Large), Passidomo (At Large), Perry (At Large), Powell (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Stewart (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government/Agriculture and Natural Resources: Albritton (Chair), Ausley, Berman, Boyd, Bradley, Brodeur, Garcia, Mayfield, Rodrigues, Stewart; Appropriations Conference Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government/State Administration and Technology: Albritton (Chair), Ausley, Berman, Boyd, Bradley, Brodeur, Garcia, Mayfield, Rodrigues, Stewart; Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Perry (Chair), Baxley, Bracy, Gainer, Pizzo, Rodriguez, Torres, Wright; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education/Higher Education: Broxson (Chair), Cruz, Diaz, Gibson, Gruters, Hutson, Passidomo, Polsky; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education/PreK-12: Broxson (Chair), Cruz, Diaz, Gibson, Gruters, Hutson, Passidomo, Polsky; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Bean (Chair), Book, Brodeur, Burgess, Diaz, Farmer, Harrell, Jones, Rodrigues, Rodriguez, Rouson; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Infrastructure and Tourism: Gainer (Chair), Ausley, Boyd, Cruz, Garcia, Gibson, Hooper, Mayfield, Perry, Taddeo, Wright; -SJ 485
• Bill placed in Conference (PreK-12 Appropriations/Higher Education Appropriations Conference Committee)
• Conference Committee appointed
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 856
• Conference Committee Report adopted (420138) -SJ 896
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 31 NAYS 2 -SJ 896
• In Messages
• In Messages
• Conference Committee Report considered
• Amendment 420138 adopted
• Conference Committee Report adopted
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 83, NAYS 24
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1220
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-154, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7 (Ch. 2022-72), HB 5001 (Ch. 2022-156)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.