CS/SB 292: Newborn Screenings
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Polsky ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Book
Newborn Screenings; Requiring hospitals and other state-licensed birthing facilities to test for congenital cytomegalovirus in newborns within a specified timeframe under certain circumstances; revising the timeframe in which health care providers attending home births must make certain referrals; requiring a newborn’s primary health care provider to refer the newborn for testing for congenital cytomegalovirus under certain circumstances; requiring that certain test results be reported to the Department of Health within a specified timeframe, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/03/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 94
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Introduced -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/19/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 219
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 375
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 491
• Read 3rd time -SJ 491
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 491
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 814
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-25
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.