CS/SB 438: United States Space Force
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Burgess
United States Space Force; Revising the definition of the term “uniformed service” to include the United States Space Force; revising the Armed Forces officers authorized to take or administer specified oaths, affidavits, or acknowledgements to include United States Space Force officers; revising the military service branches for which any county or state official who is called to active service may receive a leave of absence; updating military base names; adding post exchanges operated by the United States Space Force to those that are exempt from paying tax on cigarettes sold; revising the armed forces uniforms that are protected from imitation to include uniforms of the United States Space Force, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2022 - Chapter No. 2022-183
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/11/22, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 25
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 115
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 172
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 01/26/22, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 237
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 442
• Amendment(s) adopted (762026) -SJ 443
• Read 3rd time -SJ 443
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for HB 465
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 694
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-183
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.