CS/SB 486: Money Services Businesses
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Brodeur
Money Services Businesses; Revising exceptions to general laws and rules for licensees during the Financial Technology Sandbox period; defining the term “virtual currency”; revising the purpose of the Florida Control of Money Laundering in Money Services Business Act; revising criminal and civil penalties for certain violations relating to unlicensed activity involving money services businesses and deferred presentment providers; requiring money transmitters that receive virtual currency for specified purposes to hold a certain type and amount of virtual currency until the transmission obligation is completed, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 273 (Ch. 2022-113) -SJ 719
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/12/22, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 28
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 01/26/22, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 244
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 376
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 719
• Substituted CS/HB 273 -SJ 719
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 273 (Ch. 2022-113) -SJ 719
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.