CS/SB 554: Educational Opportunities for Disabled Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodrigues ; Taddeo ; Stewart
Educational Opportunities for Disabled Veterans; Defining the term “disabled veteran”; providing that disabled veterans receiving certain federal educational assistance benefits are eligible to receive a waiver for the remaining cost of tuition and fees at certain institutions; requiring the amount awarded by the state to be contingent on the application of specified federal benefits; requiring certain institutions to submit an annual report to the Board of Governors and the State Board of Education, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 45 (Ch. 2022-187) -SJ 671
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 01/11/22, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 34
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 115
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 173
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 671
• Substituted CS/HB 45 -SJ 671
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 45 (Ch. 2022-187) -SJ 671
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.