CS/SB 630: Pregnant Women in Custody
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Jones ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Powell ; Taddeo ; Torres
Pregnant Women in Custody; Citing this act as "Ava’s Law"; requiring that every female who is arrested and not released on bond within 72 hours after arrest be administered a pregnancy test within a specified timeframe, upon her request; authorizing a sentencing court to stay the beginning of the period of incarceration for up to a certain timeframe for a pregnant woman convicted of any offense; authorizing a sentencing court to order a pregnant woman to comply with specified terms and conditions during the stay of the incarceration, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/30/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 245
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 510
• Read 3rd time -SJ 510
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 510
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.