CS/SB 898: Lodging Standards
Lodging Standards; Citing this act as "Miya’s Law"; requiring landlords of nontransient or transient apartments to require employees to undergo background screenings as a condition of employment; revising what constitutes reasonable notice for repairs of dwelling units; requiring public lodging establishments licensed as nontransient or transient apartments to take certain actions relating to employee background screenings and keys for dwelling units; prohibiting an operator of a public lodging establishment from offering an hourly rate for an accommodation, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2022 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 819
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 60
• Introduced -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/25/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 237
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary; Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 240
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/22/22, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 511
• Read 3rd time -SJ 511
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 511
• In Messages
• Was taken up
• Read 1st time
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 469845 adopted
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 120, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (469845) -SJ 819
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 819
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 819
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.