SB 2-A: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Boyd
Property Insurance; Creating the Florida Optional Reinsurance Assistance program (FORA), to be administered by the State Board of Administration; authorizing eligible insurers to purchase reinsurance coverage under FORA; providing that property insurers may be subject to an additional market conduct examination by the Office of Insurance Regulation after a hurricane under certain circumstances; specifying conditions that must be met for a property insurance policy to require mandatory binding arbitration; prohibiting policyholders from assigning post-loss insurance benefits under residential or commercial property insurance policies issued on or after a specified date, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,757,982
Last Action: 12/16/2022 - Chapter No. 2022-271
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Fiscal Policy -SJ 3
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/12/22, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -SJ 3
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 12/12/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 15 NAYS 5 -SJ 3
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 12/13/22 -SJ 96
• Introduced -SJ 2
• Read 2nd time -SJ 49
• Amendment(s) failed (938406, 213342, 733204, 279842, 123478, 353138, 856854, 777772, 619600, 862706, 551146, 847224, 786778, 172138, 652232, 130902, 658884, 757448, 533310) -SJ 51
• Read 3rd time -SJ 96
• Passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 13 -SJ 96
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (12/14/2022)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 798733 Failed
• Amendment 333927 Failed
• Amendment 951137 Failed
• Amendment 050303 Failed
• Amendment 898933 Failed
• Amendment 674763 Failed
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 84, NAYS 33
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 97
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 97
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-271
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.