CS/CS/SB 1310: Substitution of Work Experience for Postsecondary Education Requirements
Substitution of Work Experience for Postsecondary Education Requirements; Designating the "Expanding Public Sector Career Opportunities Act"; providing that a postsecondary degree may be a baseline requirement for employment with a public employer only under a certain circumstance; authorizing an agency to substitute certain work experience for postsecondary education requirements for a person seeking to enter into a contract with the agency under certain circumstances, etc.
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/22/23, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/29/23, 8:30 am, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/24/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 603
• Read 3rd time -SJ 603
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 603
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-256
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.