CS/SB 1540: Elder and Vulnerable Adult Abuse Fatality Review Teams
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Garcia
Elder and Vulnerable Adult Abuse Fatality Review Teams; Authorizing the establishment of elder and vulnerable adult abuse fatality review teams for certain purposes; authorizing a review team to determine the number and types of incidents to review; modifying the prohibition from contacting, interviewing, or obtaining information from the family of a victim; providing that communications, information, and records produced or acquired by a review team are not subject to discovery or introduction into evidence in certain proceedings under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 6/20/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-260, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1542 (Ch. 2023-261)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/04/23, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/25/23, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 601
• Read 3rd time -SJ 602
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 602
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 255691 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 119, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (255691) -SJ 783
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 783
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-260, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1542 (Ch. 2023-261)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.