CS/CS/SB 1632: Environmental Protection
Environmental Protection; Requiring the Department of Environmental Protection and water management districts to conduct a holistic review of certain permitting processes and programs; revising the required components of a local government comprehensive plan capital improvements element and general sanitary sewer, solid waste, drainage, potable water, and natural groundwater aquifer recharge element; requiring the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to submit an updated priority list for the acquisition of certain agricultural lands to the Acquisition and Restoration Council by a specified date; revising requirements for onsite sewage treatment and disposal system remediation plans for springs; prohibiting the installation of new onsite sewage treatment and disposal systems within specified areas under certain circumstances; increasing the estimated value threshold for the appraisal of specified conservation easement acquisitions, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2023-169), CS/CS/HB 1279 (Ch. 2023-154) -SJ 709
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/20/23, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources read 1st time
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 04/18/23, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 14 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/25/23, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 707
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1379 -SJ 709
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1379 (Ch. 2023-169), CS/CS/HB 1279 (Ch. 2023-154) -SJ 709
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.