CS/HB 7: Pregnancy and Parenting Support
GENERAL BILL by Health & Human Services Committee ; Persons-Mulicka ; Canady ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abbott ; Andrade ; Beltran ; Black ; Borrero ; Buchanan ; Giallombardo ; Gregory ; Maggard ; Massullo ; McClain ; Michael ; Plakon ; Roach ; Robinson, W. ; Rudman ; Salzman ; Snyder ; Trabulsy ; Yeager
Pregnancy and Parenting Support; Prohibits use of state funds for person to travel to another state to receive services to support abortion; requires DOH to report to Governor & Legislature information relating to Florida Pregnancy Care Network, Inc.; prohibits physician from knowingly performing or inducing termination of pregnancy after specified period of time; provides exceptions; requires physician to perform or induce termination of pregnancy or to dispense abortion-inducing drugs in person; removes provisions relating to termination of pregnancies during viability; prohibits telehealth provider from using telehealth to provide abortion; provides appropriations. APPROPRIATION: $30,000,000
Last Action: 4/13/2023 House - Laid on Table; companion bill(s) passed, see SB 300 (Ch. 2023-21)
Bill Text: PDF
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Healthcare Regulation Subcommittee
• Referred to Health & Human Services Committee
• Now in Healthcare Regulation Subcommittee
• Added to Healthcare Regulation Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Healthcare Regulation Subcommittee
• Reported out of Healthcare Regulation Subcommittee
• Now in Health & Human Services Committee
• Added to Health & Human Services Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Health & Human Services Committee
• Reported out of Health & Human Services Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2023)
• Substituted SB 300
• Laid on Table; companion bill(s) passed, see SB 300 (Ch. 2023-21)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.