CS/SB 978: Secured Transactions
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bradley
Secured Transactions; Providing that a description of certain accounts and entitlements by a certain type of collateral is insufficient for the purpose of security agreements, etc.
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/20/23, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/29/23, 8:30 am, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 420
• Read 3rd time -SJ 420
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 420
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/20/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 901
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 112, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-266
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.