- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2016 Florida Statutes
550.1625 Dogracing; taxes.—
(1) The operation of a dog track and legalized pari-mutuel betting at dog tracks in this state is a privilege and is an operation that requires strict supervision and regulation in the best interests of the state. Pari-mutuel wagering at dog tracks in this state is a substantial business, and taxes derived therefrom constitute part of the tax structures of the state and the counties. The operators of dog tracks should pay their fair share of taxes to the state; at the same time, this substantial business interest should not be taxed to such an extent as to cause a track that is operated under sound business principles to be forced out of business.
History.—s. 21, ch. 92-348; s. 54, ch. 2000-154.