- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
Display of flags.
Display of flags.
1000.06 Display of flags.—
(1) Every public K-20 educational institution that is provided or authorized by the Constitution and laws of Florida shall display daily the flag of the United States and the official flag of Florida when the weather permits upon one building or on a suitable flagstaff upon the grounds of each public postsecondary educational institution and upon every district school board building or grounds except when the institution or school is closed for vacation, provided that, if two or more buildings are located on the same or on adjacent sites, one flag may be displayed for the entire group of buildings.
(2) Each public K-20 educational institution that is provided or authorized by the Constitution and laws of Florida shall display daily in each classroom the flag of the United States. The flag must be made in the United States, must be at least 2 feet by 3 feet, and must be properly displayed in accordance with Title 4 U.S.C. Each educational institution shall acquire the necessary number of flags to implement the provisions of this subsection. The principal, director, or president of each educational institution shall attempt to acquire the flags through donations or fundraising for 1 year prior to securing other funding sources or allocating funds for the purchase of flags. The president of each state university or Florida College System institution must present to the governing board of the institution the results of donations and fundraising activities relating to the acquisition of flags prior to requesting the governing board to approve a funding source for the purchase of flags. A flag must be displayed in each classroom pursuant to this subsection no later than August 1, 2005.
History.—s. 8, ch. 2002-387; s. 2, ch. 2004-238; s. 5, ch. 2011-5.