(1) The State Board of Education shall adopt rules prescribing the content and custody of limited-access records that a Florida College System institution may maintain on its employees. Limited-access employee records are confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1). Limited-access records include only the following:
(a) Records containing information reflecting academic evaluations of employee performance; however, the employee and officials of the institution responsible for supervision of the employee shall have access to such records.
(b) Records maintained for the purposes of any investigation of employee misconduct, including, but not limited to, a complaint against an employee and all information obtained pursuant to the investigation of such complaint; however, these records become public after the investigation ceases to be active or when the institution provides written notice to the employee who is the subject of the complaint that the institution has either:
1. Concluded the investigation with a finding not to proceed with disciplinary action;
2. Concluded the investigation with a finding to proceed with disciplinary action; or
3. Issued a letter of discipline.
For the purpose of this paragraph, an investigation shall be considered active as long as it is continuing with a reasonable, good faith anticipation that a finding will be made in the foreseeable future. An investigation shall be presumed to be inactive if no finding is made within 90 days after the complaint is filed.
(c) Records maintained for the purposes of any disciplinary proceeding brought against an employee; however, these records shall be open to inspection by the employee and shall become public after a final decision is made in the proceeding.
(d) Records maintained for the purposes of any grievance proceeding brought by an employee for enforcement of a collective bargaining agreement or contract; however, these records shall be open to inspection by the employee and by officials of the institution conducting the grievance proceeding and shall become public after a final decision is made in the proceeding.
(2) Except as required for use by the president in the discharge of his or her official responsibilities, the custodian of limited-access employee records may release information from such records only upon authorization in writing from the employee or the president or upon order of a court of competent jurisdiction.