9:00 — 11:00 AM
11:30 AM — 1:30 PM
2020 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 17, 2020. Senator Wilton Simpson of Trilby was elected Senate President and Senator Aaron Bean of Fernandina Beach was elected President Pro Tempore.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Florida’s Reemployment Assistance Program
If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation.
- Senator Brodeur Files Legislation to Modernize Right to Farm Protections January 25, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Boyd Files Legislation to Stabilize Florida’s Property Insurance Market January 25, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Boyd
- Senator Rodriguez and Representative Gregory File the “Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act,” to Update Abortion Ban Threshold. January 25, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Rodriguez
- President Simpson Announces 18 New Appointments January 22, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- The Perry Post by Senator Keith Perry (pdf) January 22, 2021 - Publication by Senator Perry
- Senator Lauren Book Files Bill to Eliminate “Panic Defense” Attacks on LGBTQIA+ Individuals January 22, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Book
- Senator Diaz Files Legislation to Expand Eligibility, Maximize Parental Choice in K-12 Scholarship Programs January 21, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Gary Farmer's January 2021 Legislative Update (pdf) January 19, 2021 - Publication by Senator Farmer