- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Franchise for private companies; rate fixing.
180.14 Franchise for private companies; rate fixing.--A private company or corporation organized under the laws of the state for any of the purposes recited in this chapter, may construct, operate and maintain such works provided for in this chapter, within or without the corporate limits of any municipality, upon application by such company or corporation to the city council, or other legislative body of the municipality, by whatever name known, and the said municipality may grant to said private company or corporation the privilege or franchise of exercising its corporate powers for such terms of years and upon such conditions and limitations as may be deemed expedient and for the best interest of said municipality for the accomplishment of the purposes set forth in this chapter; said franchise, however, to be for a period of not longer than 30 years; provided further, that the rates or charges to be made by the private company or corporation to the individual users of the utility constructed or operated under authority of this chapter shall be fixed by the city council, or other legislative body of the municipality, by whatever name known, upon proper hearing had for that purpose.
History.--s. 8, ch. 17118, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 3100(13).