- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Creation of a community improvement authority; charter.
189.433 Creation of a community improvement authority; charter.--
(1) A community improvement authority is established within each eligible county with all of the powers, authority, duties, and limitations set forth in this act, including the powers set forth in this act to undertake certain activities in counties contiguous with such eligible county. This act constitutes the charter of each such authority, and this act may be amended in the same manner as any other general law of the state. Each authority shall be designated "_____ County Community Improvement Trust," with the blank space being completed by inserting the name of the eligible county in which the authority is located. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in any eligible county in which an independent port district was abolished with support of the majority of electors of that county voting in a referendum held within 10 years immediately preceding the effective date of this act, an authority shall not be established and no authority shall have jurisdiction or exercise any powers within such county without an approving ordinance adopted by such county's governing body.
(2) Each authority is a body politic and corporate, a public instrumentality, and an independent special district within the meaning of this chapter, the jurisdiction of which encompasses the applicable eligible county and each county contiguous therewith, except as expressly provided herein.
History.--s. 4, ch. 2000-348.