- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Guardian forbidden to borrow or purchase; exceptions.
744.454 Guardian forbidden to borrow or purchase; exceptions.--A professional guardian may not purchase property or borrow money from his or her ward. A guardian who is not a professional guardian may do so if:
(1) A court by written order authorizes the sale or loan after a hearing to which interested persons were given notice; or
(2) The property is sold at public sale and the guardian is a spouse, parent, child, brother, or sister of the ward or a cotenant of the ward in the property to be sold.
History.--s. 1, ch. 74-106; ss. 24, 26, ch. 75-222; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 78, ch. 89-96; s. 2, ch. 96-184; s. 12, ch. 96-354; s. 1787, ch. 97-102; s. 5, ch. 97-161.
Note.--Created from former s. 745.14.