2009 Florida Statutes
348.951 Definitions.--As used in this part, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) The term "agency of the state" means and includes the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) The term "authority" means the Seminole County Expressway Authority.
(3) The term "bonds" means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) The term "county" means the County of Seminole.
(5) The term "department" means the Department of Transportation existing under chapters 334-339.
(6) The term "expressway" means the same as limited access expressway.
(7) The term "federal agency" means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(8) The term "lease-purchase agreement" means lease-purchase agreements which the authority is authorized pursuant to this part to enter into with the Department of Transportation.
(9) The term "limited access expressway" means a street or highway especially designed for through traffic and over, from, or to which no person shall have the right of easement, use, or access except in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated and established by the authority for the use of such facility. Such highways or streets may be parkways from which trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles are excluded, or they may be freeways open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(10) The term "members" means the governing body of the authority, and the term "member" means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(11) The term "Seminole County Expressway System" means any and all expressways and appurtenant facilities thereto, including, but not limited to, all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for such expressway or expressways.
(12) The term "Seminole County gasoline tax funds" means all the 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the Department of Transportation for use in Seminole County under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, or all such constitutional gas funds as may otherwise be provided now or hereafter by the constitution or by statute for use in Seminole County, after deduction only of any amounts of such gasoline tax funds heretofore pledged by the Department of Transportation or the county for outstanding obligations.
(13) The term "State Board of Administration" means the body corporate existing under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution or any successor thereto.
(14) Words importing singular number include the plural number in each case and vice versa, and words importing persons include firms and corporations.
History.--s. 1, ch. 74-375; s. 104, ch. 77-104; s. 51, ch. 83-3.