2009 Florida Statutes
Barbershop licensure; requirements; fee; inspection; license display.
476.184 Barbershop licensure; requirements; fee; inspection; license display.--
(1) No barbershop shall be permitted to operate without a license issued by the department.
(2) The board shall adopt rules governing the licensure and operation of a barbershop and its facilities, personnel, safety and sanitary requirements, and the license application and granting process.
(3) Any person, firm, or corporation desiring to operate a barbershop in the state shall submit to the department an application upon forms provided by the department and accompanied by any relevant information requested by the department and by an application fee.
(4) Upon receiving the application, the department may cause an investigation to be made of the proposed barbershop.
(5) When an applicant fails to meet all the requirements provided in this section, the department shall deny the application in writing and shall list the specific requirements not met. No applicant denied licensure because of failure to meet the requirements of this section shall be precluded from reapplying for licensure.
(6) When the department determines that the proposed barbershop meets the requirements set forth in this section, the department shall grant the license upon such conditions as it deems proper and upon payment of the original licensing fee.
(7) No license for operation of a barbershop may be transferred from the name of the original licensee to another. It may be transferred from one location to another only after inspection and approval by the department, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld, and payment of a $125 transfer fee.
(8) Renewal of license registration for barbershops shall be accomplished pursuant to rules adopted by the board. The board is further authorized to adopt rules governing delinquent renewal of licenses and may impose penalty fees for delinquent renewal.
(9) The board is authorized to adopt rules governing the operation and periodic inspection of barbershops licensed under this chapter.
(10) Each barbershop shall display, in a conspicuous place, the barbershop license and each individual licensee's certificate.
History.--ss. 18, 28, ch. 78-155; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; s. 66, ch. 83-329; ss. 13, 19, 20, ch. 85-297; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 155, ch. 92-149.