- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Ordinance adoption after October 1, 1995.
Ordinance adoption after October 1, 1995.—
Beginning October 1, 1995, a county or municipality that has not adopted a business tax ordinance or resolution may adopt a business tax ordinance. The business tax rate structure and classifications in the adopted ordinance must be reasonable and based upon the rate structure and classifications prescribed in ordinances adopted by adjacent local governments that have implemented s. 205.0535. If no adjacent local government has implemented s. 205.0535, or if the governing body of the county or municipality finds that the rate structures or classifications of adjacent local governments are unreasonable, the rate structure or classifications prescribed in its ordinance may be based upon those prescribed in ordinances adopted by local governments that have implemented s. 205.0535 in counties or municipalities that have a comparable population.
s. 1, ch. 93-180; s. 4, ch. 2006-152.