- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Quick-response training; legislative intent.
Quick-response training; legislative intent.—
The Legislature recognizes the importance of providing a skilled workforce for attracting new industries and retaining and expanding existing businesses and industries in this state. It is the intent of the Legislature that a program exist to meet the short-term, immediate, workforce-skill needs of such businesses and industries. It is further the intent of the Legislature that funds provided for the purposes of s. 288.047 be expended on businesses and industries that support the state’s economic development goals, particularly high value-added businesses or businesses that locate in and provide jobs in the state’s distressed urban and rural areas, and that instruction funded pursuant to s. 288.047 lead to permanent, quality employment opportunities.
s. 1, ch. 93-187; s. 77, ch. 2000-165.