- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Application of ss. 686.40-686.418.
Any person who engages directly or indirectly in purposeful agreements or contracts within this state in connection with the sale or advertising for sale of new equipment and parts is subject to ss. 686.40-686.418 and to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state for violations of such sections in accordance with the provisions of the laws of this state.
Sections 686.40-686.418 apply to all written or oral agreements between a manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler with a dealer, including, but not limited to, the franchise offering; the franchise agreement; sales of goods, services, and advertising; leases or mortgages of real or personal property; promises to pay; security interests; pledges; insurance contracts; advertising contracts; construction or installation contracts; servicing contracts; and all other such agreements in which the manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler has any direct or indirect interest.
ss. 4, 9, 17, ch. 84-217; s. 4, ch. 2004-257.