2012 Florida Statutes
(1) Commencing July 1, 1967, for all state agencies and commencing October 1, 1967, for all other agencies with employees who are members under this chapter, former ss. 122.17 and 122.30(4) shall be of no further force and effect and each officer or board paying salaries to members and withholding contributions required of members under this chapter for purposes of providing retirement benefits and social security benefits to or on behalf of such members, shall budget, set aside and pay over to account B of the 1Intangible Tax Trust Fund, herein created, matching payments in the following specified amounts:
(a)1. An amount equal to the amount of member contributions paid to the State and County Officers and Employees’ Retirement Trust Fund as specified in ss. 122.03 and 122.27 but excluding any additional contributions required of high hazard members under s. 122.34; and
2. Commencing January 1, 1993, an additional amount equal to 3.99 percent of each installment of salary to members; and
(b) An amount equal to the amount of member social security contributions withheld, to be paid to the Internal Revenue Service as specified in s. 122.27.
(2) The monthly payments required by subsection (1) shall be payable within 10 days after the first day of each calendar month after July 1, 1967, for all state agencies and October 1, 1967, for all other agencies. The state funds required to be paid hereunder shall be provided and paid from the sources as set forth in subsection (3).
(3) The appropriations provided each state agency each fiscal year shall include sufficient amounts to pay the matching contributions for social security and retirement as required by this section and the matching contributions for retirement required of state agencies under s. 238.11(1)(a). No state agency, whether its funds are provided by state appropriation or not, shall employ any person or maintain any person on its payroll unless it has allotted for such person sufficient funds to meet these required payments.
(4) Effective December 1, 1970, officer and employee contributions and employer matching contributions required by division A and division B of this chapter shall be paid as required in accordance with s. 121.061 and procedures established therefor.
(5) Effective January 1987, social security contributions withheld on behalf of a member of division B of this chapter and employer matching social security contributions paid on behalf of such member shall be submitted to the Internal Revenue Service as required by the Social Security Administration.
History.—s. 8, ch. 63-555; s. 1, ch. 67-411; ss. 2, 3, ch. 67-371; ss. 21, 31, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 69-300; s. 8, ch. 69-353; s. 40, ch. 77-104; s. 2, ch. 92-139; s. 8, ch. 93-262; s. 795, ch. 95-147; s. 144, ch. 2003-261; s. 16, ch. 2004-234.
1Note.—The Intangible Tax Trust Fund was terminated by s. 1, ch. 2004-234.