2013 Florida Statutes
634.4065 Guarantee agreements.—In order to include receivables from affiliated companies as assets under s. 634.401(9), the service warranty association may provide a written guarantee to assure repayment of all receivables, loans, and advances from affiliated companies, provided that the written guarantee is made by a guaranteeing organization which:
(1) Has been in continuous operation for 5 years or more and has net assets of the greater of $3 million or 2 times the minimum net asset requirements of the service warranty association. In any determination of the financial condition of the guaranteeing organization, the definitions of assets and liabilities as set forth in this part shall apply except that investments in or loans to any organizations guaranteed by the guaranteeing organization shall be excluded from net assets. If the guaranteeing organization is sponsoring more than one organization, the net assets requirement shall be increased by a multiple equal to the number of such organizations.
(2) Submits a guarantee that is approved by the office as meeting the requirements of this part, provided that the written guarantee contains a provision which requires that the guarantee be irrevocable unless the guaranteeing organization can demonstrate to the office that the cancellation of the guarantee will not result in the net assets of the service warranty association falling below its minimum net assets requirement and the office approves cancellation of the guarantee.
(3) Initially submits its audited financial statements certified by an independent certified public accountant, prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, covering its two most current annual accounting periods.
(4) Submits annually, within 3 months after the end of its fiscal year, an audited financial statement certified by an independent certified public accountant, prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The office may, as it deems necessary, require quarterly financial statements from the guaranteeing organization.
(5) The filings made by a guarantee organization pursuant to this section are confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1).
(6) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the use of such filings in judicial or administrative proceedings when ordered to be produced by appropriate subpoena or by order of the court, an administrative law judge, or a hearing officer.
History.—s. 4, ch. 90-153; s. 20, ch. 91-201; s. 4, ch. 93-117; s. 20, ch. 93-195; s. 396, ch. 96-406; s. 282, ch. 96-410; s. 1493, ch. 2003-261.