2015 Florida Statutes
500.04 Prohibited acts.—The following acts and the causing thereof within the state are prohibited:
(1) The manufacture, sale or delivery, holding or offering for sale of any food that is adulterated or misbranded.
(2) The adulteration or misbranding of any food.
(3) The receipt in commerce of any food that is adulterated or misbranded, and the delivery or proffered delivery thereof for pay or otherwise.
(4) The sale, delivery for sale, holding for sale, or offering for sale of any article in violation of s. 500.12.
(5) The dissemination of any false advertisement.
(6) The refusal to permit entry or inspection, or to permit the taking of a sample, as authorized by s. 500.147.
(7) The giving of a guaranty or undertaking with respect to a food, which guaranty or undertaking is false, except by a person who relied on a guaranty or undertaking to the same effect signed by, and containing the name and address of, the person residing in this state from whom she or he received in good faith the food.
(8) The removal, disposal, or use of a detained or embargoed article or food processing equipment in violation of s. 500.172.
(9) The alteration, mutilation, destruction, obliteration, or removal of the whole or any part of the labeling of a food, or the doing of any other act with respect to a food, if such act is done while such article is held for sale and such act results in such article being misbranded.
(10) Forging; counterfeiting; simulating; falsely representing; or, without proper authority, using any mark, stamp, tag, label, or other identification device authorized or required by rules adopted under this chapter.
(11) The alteration, mutilation, destruction, obliteration, or removal of the whole or any part of the labeling information, whether in coded form or otherwise, identifying the article’s expiration date or similar date, date of manufacture, or manufacturing or distribution lot or batch, if such act is done while such article is held for sale.
History.—s. 3, ch. 19656, 1939; CGL 1940 Supp. 4151(667); s. 2, ch. 57-167; s. 1, ch. 70-994; s. 6, ch. 82-225; s. 120, ch. 83-218; s. 5, ch. 87-388; s. 9, ch. 92-180; s. 5, ch. 94-180; s. 602, ch. 97-103; s. 17, ch. 97-220.