2015 Florida Statutes
Scope of examination.
Scope of examination.
626.241 Scope of examination.—
(1) Each examination for a license as an agent or adjuster shall be of such scope as is deemed by the department to be reasonably necessary to test the applicant’s ability and competence and knowledge of the kinds of insurance and transactions to be handled under the license applied for, of the duties and responsibilities of such a licensee, and of the pertinent provisions of the laws of this state.
(2) Examinations given applicants for license as a general lines agent shall cover all property, casualty, and surety insurances, except as provided in subsection (5) relative to limited licenses.
(3) Examinations given applicants for a life agent’s license shall cover life insurance, annuities, and variable contracts.
(4) Examinations given applicants for a health agent’s license shall cover health insurance.
(5) Examinations given applicants for a limited agent license shall be limited in scope to the kind of business to be transacted under such license.
(6) In order to reflect the differences between adjusting claims for an insurer and adjusting claims for an insured, the department shall create an examination for applicants seeking licensure as a public adjuster and a separate examination for applicants seeking licensure as an all-lines adjuster.
(a) Examinations for a license as an all-lines adjuster must cover adjusting in all lines of insurance, other than life and annuity.
(b) An examination for workers’ compensation insurance or health insurance is not required for public adjusters.
(7) Examinations given applicants for licensure as title agents must cover title insurance, abstracting, title searches, examination of title, closing procedures, and escrow handling.
(8) An examination for licensure as a personal lines agent shall be limited in scope to the kinds of business transacted under such license.
(9) This section applies to any person who submits an application for license and to any person who submits an application for examination prior to filing an application for license.
History.—s. 203, ch. 59-205; s. 7, ch. 61-441; s. 1, ch. 65-16; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 2, ch. 73-31; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 88, ch. 79-40; ss. 1, 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 168, 217, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; ss. 23, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 7, ch. 92-318; s. 7, ch. 92-328; s. 920, ch. 2003-261; s. 18, ch. 2004-374; s. 28, ch. 2004-390; s. 5, ch. 2006-184; s. 8, ch. 2008-220; s. 7, ch. 2012-209; s. 11, ch. 2014-123; s. 4, ch. 2015-180.