2015 Florida Statutes
713.801 Definitions.—As used in this part, the following terms shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly requires another meaning:
(1) “Interest holder” means a person, or his or her agent, holding, for oil or gas purposes or for any oil or gas pipeline, any interest in the legal or equitable title to any land or any leasehold interest, and shall include purchasers under executory contract, receivers, and trustees.
(2) “Operator” means the person in charge of operations on lands or leaseholds for oil or gas purposes or for any oil or gas pipeline. For the purposes of this part, an operator shall be deemed to be the agent of the interest holder.
(3) “Material” means any machinery, equipment, appliances, buildings, structures, tools, bits, or supplies used in connection with any construction, drilling, or operating upon any land or leasehold for oil or gas purposes or for any oil or gas pipeline.
(4) “Drilling” means drilling, digging, torpedoing, acidizing, perforating, fracturing, testing, logging, cementing, completing, or repairing upon any land or leasehold for oil or gas purposes or for any oil or gas pipeline.
(5) “Operating” means conducting any operation in connection with, or necessary to, the production of oil or gas, either in the development thereof or in working thereon in the subtractive process.
(6) “Construction” means construction, maintenance, operation, or repair in connection with any oil or gas pipeline or in connection with, or necessary for, the production of oil or gas, either in the development thereof or in working thereon in the subtractive process.
(7) “Oil or gas pipeline” means any pipeline laid and designed as a means of transporting natural gas, oil, or gasoline, or their components or derivatives, and the right-of-way therefor.
(8) “Original contractor” means any person for whose benefit a lien is prescribed by the provisions of s. 713.803.
History.—s. 1, ch. 75-51; s. 832, ch. 97-102.