- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
45.011 Definitions.—In all statutes about practice and procedure “plaintiff” means any party seeking affirmative relief whether plaintiff, counterclaimant, cross-claimant; or third-party plaintiff, counterclaimant or cross-claimant; “defendant” means any party against whom such relief is sought; “bond with surety” means a bond with two good and sufficient sureties, each with unencumbered property not subject to any exemption afforded by law equal in value to the penal sum of the bond or a bond with a licensed surety company as surety or a cash deposit conditioned as for a bond.
History.—s. 1, ch. 67-254.