- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2018 Florida Statutes
253.54 Competitive bidding.—On the date specified in the advertisement of sale, the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund shall at a public meeting consider any and all bids submitted prior to such date for the leasing of the land or lands so advertised and, in the discretion of the board, award the lease to the highest and best bidder submitting a bid therefor; provided that if, in the judgment of the board, the bids submitted do not represent the fair value of such lease or leases, the execution of same is contrary to the public welfare, or the responsibility of the bidder offering the highest amount has not been established to its satisfaction, or for any other reason, it may in its discretion reject said bids, give notice and call for new or other bids, or withdraw said land from the market. If several distinct blocks, parcels, or tracts of land can be separately considered, then, and in that event, the board may so consider them, but if they cannot be so considered, then the rejection for any cause of the highest and best bid shall result in the rejection of all bids.
History.—s. 4, ch. 22824, 1945; ss. 27, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 5, ch. 69-369; s. 68, ch. 86-186.