- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2018 Florida Statutes
827.01 Definitions.—As used in this chapter:
(1) “Caregiver” means a parent, adult household member, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare.
(2) “Child” means any person under the age of 18 years.
(3) “Placement” means the giving or transferring of possession or custody of a child by any person to another person for adoption or with the intent or purpose of surrendering the control of the child.
History.—s. 48, ch. 74-383; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 7, ch. 96-322.