- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
205.032 Levy; counties.—The governing body of a county may levy, by appropriate resolution or ordinance, a business tax for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within its jurisdiction. However, the governing body must first give at least 14 days’ public notice between the first and last reading of the resolution or ordinance by publishing a notice in a newspaper of general circulation within its jurisdiction as defined by law. The public notice must contain the proposed classifications and rates applicable to the business tax.
History.—s. 1, ch. 72-306; s. 1, ch. 73-144; s. 2, ch. 93-180; s. 5, ch. 2006-152.