- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
381.0061 Administrative fines.—
(1) In addition to any administrative action authorized by chapter 120 or by other law, the department may impose a fine, which shall not exceed $500 for each violation, for a violation of s. 381.006(16), s. 381.0065, s. 381.0066, s. 381.0072, or part III of chapter 489, for a violation of any rule adopted under this chapter, or for a violation of any of the provisions of chapter 386. Notice of intent to impose such fine shall be given by the department to the alleged violator. Each day that a violation continues may constitute a separate violation.
(2) In determining the amount of fine to be imposed, if any, for a violation, the following factors shall be considered:
(a) The gravity of the violation, including the probability that death or serious physical or emotional harm to any person will result or has resulted, the severity of the actual or potential harm, and the extent to which the provisions of the applicable statutes or rules were violated.
(b) Actions taken by the owner or operator to correct violations.
(c) Any previous violations.
(3) All amounts collected under this section shall be deposited into an appropriate trust fund of the department.
History.—s. 4, ch. 80-351; s. 2, ch. 85-300; s. 13, ch. 89-324; s. 22, ch. 91-297; s. 7, ch. 92-180; s. 11, ch. 99-397.
Note.—Former s. 381.112.