2020 Florida Statutes
THE BUDGET OF THE ASSOCIATION DOES NOT PROVIDE FOR RESERVE ACCOUNTS FOR CAPITAL EXPENDITURES AND DEFERRED MAINTENANCE THAT MAY RESULT IN SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS. OWNERS MAY ELECT TO PROVIDE FOR RESERVE ACCOUNTS PURSUANT TO SECTION 720.303(6), FLORIDA STATUTES, UPON OBTAINING THE APPROVAL OF A MAJORITY OF THE TOTAL VOTING INTERESTS OF THE ASSOCIATION BY VOTE OF THE MEMBERS AT A MEETING OR BY WRITTEN CONSENT.
THE BUDGET OF THE ASSOCIATION PROVIDES FOR LIMITED VOLUNTARY DEFERRED EXPENDITURE ACCOUNTS, INCLUDING CAPITAL EXPENDITURES AND DEFERRED MAINTENANCE, SUBJECT TO LIMITS ON FUNDING CONTAINED IN OUR GOVERNING DOCUMENTS. BECAUSE THE OWNERS HAVE NOT ELECTED TO PROVIDE FOR RESERVE ACCOUNTS PURSUANT TO SECTION 720.303(6), FLORIDA STATUTES, THESE FUNDS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF SUCH FUNDS SET FORTH IN THAT STATUTE, NOR ARE RESERVES CALCULATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THAT STATUTE.
The formula may be adjusted each year for changes in estimates and deferred maintenance performed during the year and may include factors such as inflation and earnings on invested funds.
Notice of (Name of association) under s. 720.3032, Florida Statutes, and notice to preserve and protect covenants and restrictions from extinguishment under the Marketable Record Title Act, chapter 712, Florida Statutes.
Instructions to recorder: Please index both the legal name of the association and the names shown in item 3.
1. Legal name of association:
2. Mailing and physical addresses of association:
3. Names of the subdivision plats, or, if none, common name of community:
4. Name, address, and telephone number for management company, if any:
5. This notice does does not constitute a notice to preserve and protect covenants or restrictions from extinguishment under the Marketable Record Title Act.
6. The following covenants or restrictions affecting the community which the association desires to be preserved from extinguishment:
(Name of instrument)
(Official Records Book where recorded & page)
(List of instruments)
(List of recording information)
7. The legal description of the community affected by the listed covenants or restrictions is: (Legal description, which may be satisfied by reference to a recorded plat)
This notice is filed on behalf of (Name of association) as of (Date) .
(Name of association)
(Name of individual officer)
(Title of officer)
The prevailing party in any such litigation is entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs. A member prevailing in an action between the association and the member under this section, in addition to recovering his or her reasonable attorney fees, may recover additional amounts as determined by the court to be necessary to reimburse the member for his or her share of assessments levied by the association to fund its expenses of the litigation. This relief does not exclude other remedies provided by law. This section does not deprive any person of any other available right or remedy.
NOTICE OF INTENT TO
APPLY FOR RECEIVERSHIP
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that the undersigned member of (name of homeowners’ association) intends to file a petition in the circuit court for appointment of a receiver to manage the affairs of the association on the grounds that the association has failed to fill vacancies on the board of directors sufficient to constitute a quorum. This petition will not be filed if the vacancies are filled within 30 days after the date on which this notice was sent or posted, whichever is later. If a receiver is appointed, the receiver shall have all of the powers of the board and shall be entitled to receive a salary and reimbursement of all costs and attorney’s fees payable from association funds.
(name and address of petitioning member)
For purposes of this section, the term “members other than the developer” shall not include builders, contractors, or others who purchase a parcel for the purpose of constructing improvements thereon for resale.
Such clauses are declared null and void as against the public policy of this state.
NOTICE OF CONTEST OF LIEN
TO: (Name and address of association)
You are notified that the undersigned contests the claim of lien filed by you on , (year) , and recorded in Official Records Book at page , of the public records of County, Florida, and that the time within which you may file suit to enforce your lien is limited to 90 days following the date of service of this notice. Executed this day of , (year) .
Signed: (Owner or Attorney)
After the notice of a contest of lien has been recorded, the clerk of the circuit court shall mail a copy of the recorded notice to the association by certified mail, return receipt requested, at the address shown in the claim of lien or the most recent amendment to it and shall certify to the service on the face of the notice. Service is complete upon mailing. After service, the association has 90 days in which to file an action to enforce the lien and, if the action is not filed within the 90-day period, the lien is void. However, the 90-day period shall be extended for any length of time that the association is prevented from filing its action because of an automatic stay resulting from the filing of a bankruptcy petition by the parcel owner or by any other person claiming an interest in the parcel.
RELEASE OF LIEN
The undersigned lienor, in consideration of the final payment in the amount of $ , hereby waives and releases its lien and right to claim a lien for unpaid assessments through , (year) , recorded in the Official Records Book at Page , of the public records of County, Florida, for the following described real property:
(PARCEL NO. OR LOT AND BLOCK) OF (subdivision name) SUBDIVISION AS SHOWN IN THE PLAT THEREOF, RECORDED AT PLAT BOOK , PAGE , OF THE OFFICIAL RECORDS OF COUNTY, FLORIDA.
(or insert appropriate metes and bounds description here)
(Signature of Authorized Agent) (Signature of Witness)
(Print Name) (Print Name)
(Signature of Witness)
Sworn to (or affirmed) and subscribed before me this day of , (year) , by (name of person making statement) .
(Signature of Notary Public)
(Print, type, or stamp commissioned name of Notary Public)
Personally Known OR Produced as identification.
The limitations on first mortgagee liability provided by this paragraph apply only if the first mortgagee filed suit against the parcel owner and initially joined the association as a defendant in the mortgagee foreclosure action. Joinder of the association is not required if, on the date the complaint is filed, the association was dissolved or did not maintain an office or agent for service of process at a location that was known to or reasonably discoverable by the mortgagee.
NOTICE OF INTENT
TO RECORD A CLAIM OF LIEN
RE: Parcel or (lot/block) (lot/parcel number) of (name of association)
The following amounts are currently due on your account to (name of association) , and must be paid within 45 days after your receipt of this letter. This letter shall serve as the association’s notice of intent to record a Claim of Lien against your property no sooner than 45 days after your receipt of this letter, unless you pay in full the amounts set forth below:
Maintenance due (dates) $ .
Late fee, if applicable $ .
Interest through (dates) * $ .
Certified mail charges $ .
Other costs $ .
TOTAL OUTSTANDING $ .
*Interest accrues at the rate of percent per annum.
This letter is to inform you a Claim of Lien has been filed against your property because you have not paid the (type of assessment) assessment to (name of association) . The association intends to foreclose the lien and collect the unpaid amount within 45 days of this letter being provided to you.
You owe the interest accruing from (month/year) to the present. As of the date of this letter, the total amount due with interest is $ . All costs of any action and interest from this day forward will also be charged to your account.
Any questions concerning this matter should be directed to (insert name, addresses, and telephone numbers of association representative) .
AUTOMATIC STAY INVOKED
PURSUANT TO F.S. 720.3085
I/We, [Name(s) of Parcel Owner(s)], admit the following:
1. The total amount due the association is secured by the lien of the association.
2. The association is entitled to foreclose its claim of lien and obtain a foreclosure judgment for the total amount due if I/we breach this qualifying offer by failing to pay the amount due by the date specified in this qualifying offer.
3. I/We will not permit the priority of the lien of the association or the amounts secured by the lien to be endangered.
4. I/We hereby affirm that the date(s) by which the association will receive $ [specify amount] as the total amount due is [specify date, no later than 60 days after the date of service of the qualifying offer and at least 30 days before the trial or arbitration date], in the following amounts and dates:
5. I/We hereby confirm that I/we have requested and have received from the homeowners’ association a breakdown and total of all sums due the association and that the amount offered above is equal to or greater than the total amount provided by the association.
6. This qualifying offer operates as a stay to all portions of the foreclosure action which seek to collect unpaid assessments as provided in s. 720.3085.
Signed: (Signatures of all parcel owners and spouses, if any)
Sworn to and subscribed this (date) day of (month) , (year) , before the undersigned authority.
Notary Public: (Signature of notary public)
If the parcel owner makes a qualifying offer under this subsection, the association may not add the cost of any legal fees incurred by the association within the period of the stay other than costs acquired in defense of a mortgage foreclosure action concerning the parcel, a bankruptcy proceeding in which the parcel owner is a debtor, or in response to filings by a party other than the association in the lien foreclosure action of the association.
Pursuant to section 720.3085(8), Florida Statutes, we demand that you make your rent payments directly to the homeowners’ association and continue doing so until the association notifies you otherwise.
Payment due the homeowners’ association may be in the same form as you paid your landlord and must be sent by United States mail or hand delivery to (full address) , payable to (name) .
Your obligation to pay your rent to the association begins immediately, unless you have already paid rent to your landlord for the current period before receiving this notice. In that case, you must provide the association written proof of your payment within 14 days after receiving this notice and your obligation to pay rent to the association would then begin with the next rental period.
Pursuant to section 720.3085(8), Florida Statutes, your payment of rent to the association gives you complete immunity from any claim for the rent by your landlord.
(a) Date of issuance:
(b) Name(s) of the parcel owner(s) as reflected in the books and records of the association:
(c) Parcel designation and address:
(d) Parking or garage space number, as reflected in the books and records of the association:
(e) Attorney’s name and contact information if the account is delinquent and has been turned over to an attorney for collection. No fee may be charged for this information.
(f) Fee for the preparation and delivery of the estoppel certificate:
(g) Name of the requestor:
(h) Assessment information and other information:
1. The regular periodic assessment levied against the parcel is $ per (insert frequency of payment) .
2. The regular periodic assessment is paid through (insert date paid through) .
3. The next installment of the regular periodic assessment is due (insert due date) in the amount of $ .
4. An itemized list of all assessments, special assessments, and other moneys owed on the date of issuance to the association by the parcel owner for a specific parcel is provided.
5. An itemized list of any additional assessments, special assessments, and other moneys that are scheduled to become due for each day after the date of issuance for the effective period of the estoppel certificate is provided. In calculating the amounts that are scheduled to become due, the association may assume that any delinquent amounts will remain delinquent during the effective period of the estoppel certificate.
6. Is there a capital contribution fee, resale fee, transfer fee, or other fee due? (Yes) (No) . If yes, specify the type and amount of the fee.
7. Is there any open violation of rule or regulation noticed to the parcel owner in the association official records? (Yes) (No) .
8. Do the rules and regulations of the association applicable to the parcel require approval by the board of directors of the association for the transfer of the parcel? (Yes) (No) . If yes, has the board approved the transfer of the parcel? (Yes) (No) .
9. Is there a right of first refusal provided to the members or the association? (Yes) (No) . If yes, have the members or the association exercised that right of first refusal? (Yes) (No) .
10. Provide a list of, and contact information for, all other associations of which the parcel is a member.
11. Provide contact information for all insurance maintained by the association.
12. Provide the signature of an officer or authorized agent of the association.
The association, at its option, may include additional information in the estoppel certificate.
STATUTORY OFFER TO PARTICIPATE
IN PRESUIT MEDIATION
The alleged aggrieved party, , hereby demands that , as the responding party, engage in mandatory presuit mediation in connection with the following disputes, which by statute are of a type that are subject to presuit mediation:
(List specific nature of the dispute or disputes to be mediated and the authority supporting a finding of a violation as to each dispute.)
Pursuant to section 720.311, Florida Statutes, this demand to resolve the dispute through presuit mediation is required before a lawsuit can be filed concerning the dispute. Pursuant to the statute, the parties are required to engage in presuit mediation with a neutral third-party mediator in order to attempt to resolve this dispute without court action, and the aggrieved party demands that you likewise agree to this process. If you fail to participate in the mediation process, suit may be brought against you without further warning.
The process of mediation involves a supervised negotiation process in which a trained, neutral third-party mediator meets with both parties and assists them in exploring possible opportunities for resolving part or all of the dispute. By agreeing to participate in presuit mediation, you are not bound in any way to change your position. Furthermore, the mediator has no authority to make any decisions in this matter or to determine who is right or wrong and merely acts as a facilitator to ensure that each party understands the position of the other party and that all options for reasonable settlement are fully explored.
If an agreement is reached, it shall be reduced to writing and becomes a binding and enforceable commitment of the parties. A resolution of one or more disputes in this fashion avoids the need to litigate these issues in court. The failure to reach an agreement, or the failure of a party to participate in the process, results in the mediator declaring an impasse in the mediation, after which the aggrieved party may proceed to court on all outstanding, unsettled disputes. If you have failed or refused to participate in the entire mediation process, you will not be entitled to recover attorney’s fees, even if you prevail.
The aggrieved party has selected and hereby lists five certified mediators who we believe to be neutral and qualified to mediate the dispute. You have the right to select any one of these mediators. The fact that one party may be familiar with one or more of the listed mediators does not mean that the mediator cannot act as a neutral and impartial facilitator. Any mediator who cannot act in this capacity is required ethically to decline to accept engagement. The mediators that we suggest, and their current hourly rates, are as follows:
(List the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and hourly rates of the mediators. Other pertinent information about the background of the mediators may be included as an attachment.)
You may contact the offices of these mediators to confirm that the listed mediators will be neutral and will not show any favoritism toward either party. The Florida Supreme Court can provide you a list of certified mediators.
Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, section 720.311(2)(b), Florida Statutes, requires that the parties share the costs of presuit mediation equally, including the fee charged by the mediator. An average mediation may require three to four hours of the mediator’s time, including some preparation time, and the parties would need to share equally the mediator’s fees as well as their own attorney’s fees if they choose to employ an attorney in connection with the mediation. However, use of an attorney is not required and is at the option of each party. The mediators may require the advance payment of some or all of the anticipated fees. The aggrieved party hereby agrees to pay or prepay one-half of the mediator’s estimated fees and to forward this amount or such other reasonable advance deposits as the mediator requires for this purpose. Any funds deposited will be returned to you if these are in excess of your share of the fees incurred.
To begin your participation in presuit mediation to try to resolve the dispute and avoid further legal action, please sign below and clearly indicate which mediator is acceptable to you. We will then ask the mediator to schedule a mutually convenient time and place for the mediation conference to be held. The mediation conference must be held within ninety (90) days of this date, unless extended by mutual written agreement. In the event that you fail to respond within 20 days from the date of this letter, or if you fail to agree to at least one of the mediators that we have suggested or to pay or prepay to the mediator one-half of the costs involved, the aggrieved party will be authorized to proceed with the filing of a lawsuit against you without further notice and may seek an award of attorney’s fees or costs incurred in attempting to obtain mediation.
Therefore, please give this matter your immediate attention. By law, your response must be mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested, and by first-class mail to the address shown on this demand.
RESPONDING PARTY: YOUR SIGNATURE INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THAT CHOICE.
AGREEMENT TO MEDIATE
The undersigned hereby agrees to participate in presuit mediation and agrees to attend a mediation conducted by the following mediator or mediators who are listed above as someone who would be acceptable to mediate this dispute:
(List acceptable mediator or mediators.)
I/we further agree to pay or prepay one-half of the mediator’s fees and to forward such advance deposits as the mediator may require for this purpose.
Signature of responding party #1
Telephone contact information
Signature and telephone contact information of responding party #2 (if applicable)(if property is owned by more than one person, all owners must sign)
(NAME OF COMMUNITY)
1. AS A PURCHASER OF PROPERTY IN THIS COMMUNITY, YOU WILL BE OBLIGATED TO BE A MEMBER OF A HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION.
2. THERE HAVE BEEN OR WILL BE RECORDED RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS GOVERNING THE USE AND OCCUPANCY OF PROPERTIES IN THIS COMMUNITY.
3. YOU WILL BE OBLIGATED TO PAY ASSESSMENTS TO THE ASSOCIATION. ASSESSMENTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO PERIODIC CHANGE. IF APPLICABLE, THE CURRENT AMOUNT IS $ PER . YOU WILL ALSO BE OBLIGATED TO PAY ANY SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS IMPOSED BY THE ASSOCIATION. SUCH SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. IF APPLICABLE, THE CURRENT AMOUNT IS $ PER .
4. YOU MAY BE OBLIGATED TO PAY SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS TO THE RESPECTIVE MUNICIPALITY, COUNTY, OR SPECIAL DISTRICT. ALL ASSESSMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO PERIODIC CHANGE.
5. YOUR FAILURE TO PAY SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS OR ASSESSMENTS LEVIED BY A MANDATORY HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION COULD RESULT IN A LIEN ON YOUR PROPERTY.
6. THERE MAY BE AN OBLIGATION TO PAY RENT OR LAND USE FEES FOR RECREATIONAL OR OTHER COMMONLY USED FACILITIES AS AN OBLIGATION OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION. IF APPLICABLE, THE CURRENT AMOUNT IS $ PER .
7. THE DEVELOPER MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND THE RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF THE ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP OR THE APPROVAL OF THE PARCEL OWNERS.
8. THE STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN THIS DISCLOSURE FORM ARE ONLY SUMMARY IN NATURE, AND, AS A PROSPECTIVE PURCHASER, YOU SHOULD REFER TO THE COVENANTS AND THE ASSOCIATION GOVERNING DOCUMENTS BEFORE PURCHASING PROPERTY.
9. THESE DOCUMENTS ARE EITHER MATTERS OF PUBLIC RECORD AND CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE RECORD OFFICE IN THE COUNTY WHERE THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED, OR ARE NOT RECORDED AND CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE DEVELOPER.
The disclosure must be supplied by the developer, or by the parcel owner if the sale is by an owner that is not the developer. Any contract or agreement for sale shall refer to and incorporate the disclosure summary and shall include, in prominent language, a statement that the potential buyer should not execute the contract or agreement until they have received and read the disclosure summary required by this section.
IF THE DISCLOSURE SUMMARY REQUIRED BY SECTION 720.401, FLORIDA STATUTES, HAS NOT BEEN PROVIDED TO THE PROSPECTIVE PURCHASER BEFORE EXECUTING THIS CONTRACT FOR SALE, THIS CONTRACT IS VOIDABLE BY BUYER BY DELIVERING TO SELLER OR SELLER’S AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE BUYER’S INTENTION TO CANCEL WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER RECEIPT OF THE DISCLOSURE SUMMARY OR PRIOR TO CLOSING, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. ANY PURPORTED WAIVER OF THIS VOIDABILITY RIGHT HAS NO EFFECT. BUYER’S RIGHT TO VOID THIS CONTRACT SHALL TERMINATE AT CLOSING.
Under no circumstances may a cause of action created or recognized under this section survive for a period of more than 5 years after the closing of the transaction.