See All 2023 Bills that Cite this Section
- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2022 Florida Statutes (including 2022C, 2022D, 2022A, and 2023B)
218.63 Participation requirements.—
(1) Only those units of local government which meet the eligibility requirements for revenue sharing pursuant to s. 218.23 shall participate in the local government half-cent sales tax. However, a municipality incorporated subsequent to the effective date of chapter 82-154, Laws of Florida, which does not meet the applicable criteria for incorporation pursuant to s. 165.061 shall not participate in the local government half-cent sales tax. In either case, distributions to eligible units of local government in that county shall be made as though the nonparticipating municipality had not incorporated.
(2) The moneys which otherwise would be distributed pursuant to this part to a unit of local government failing to certify compliance as required by s. 218.23(1) or having otherwise failed to meet the requirements of s. 200.065 shall be deposited in the General Revenue Fund for the 12 months following a determination of noncompliance by the department.
(3) A county or municipality may not participate in the distribution of local government half-cent sales tax revenues during the 12 months following a determination of noncompliance by the Department of Revenue as provided in s. 200.065(13)(e).
History.—s. 10, ch. 82-154; s. 14, ch. 83-204; s. 87, ch. 83-217; s. 8, ch. 87-239; s. 4, ch. 2007-321.