CS/CS/SB 788: Gaming [WPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Policy and Steering Committee on Ways and Means ; Regulated Industries ; Jones ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King
Gaming [WPSC]; Provides terms and conditions for a gaming compact between the State of Florida and the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Removes an exception to the required issuance date of licenses to conduct thoroughbred racing performances. Provides that the payout percentage of a slot machine gaming facility must be at least 85 percent. Revises requirements for initial issuance of a cardroom license, etc.
Last Action: 6/15/2009 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-170; See also SB 2600 (Ch. 2009-81)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Rules
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Rules -SJ 00049
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/25/09, 8:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 00252; CS read 1st time on 04/01/09 -SJ 00255
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Rules; Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00273
• On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 04/07/09, 1:30 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -SJ 00340; CS read 1st time on 04/14/09 -SJ 00342
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00340
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00382; Amendment(s) adopted (947104, 390982) -SJ 00382; Read 3rd time -SJ 00383; CS passed as amended (947104, 390982); YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 00383; Immediately certified -SJ 00383; Requests House concur or failing to concur appoint conference cmte -SJ 00393
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00456
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 7129 -HJ 00570; Read 2nd time -HJ 00570; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00570
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00594; CS passed as amended; YEAS 84 NAYS 27 -HJ 00594
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, requests House recede/appoint Conference Comm. -SJ 00733
• In returning messages; Refused to recede, agreed to go to conference -HJ 01133; Conference Committee appointed: Galvano, Chair; Adams, Hays, Abruzzo, Gibbons -HJ 01133
• In returning messages; Conference Committee appointed: Senator Jones, Chair; Haridopolos, Altman, Lawson, At Large; Deutch, Diaz de la Portilla, Pruitt -SJ 00838
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 01348; Conference Committee Report adopted -SJ 01368; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report (318420); YEAS 31 NAYS 9 -SJ 01368
• In returning messages; Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 01515; Conference Committee Report adopted -HJ 01516; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 82 NAYS 35 -HJ 01538
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01494
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2009-170; See also SB 2600 (Ch. 2009-81)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.