CS/HB 1035: Elevator Safety [CPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Insurance, Business, and Financial Affairs Policy Committee ; Frishe ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Schwartz
Elevator Safety [CPSC]; Requires DBPR's Division of Hotels & Restaurants to adopt rules; authorizes division to enter certain buildings; provides for variances; exempts certain elevators from specific code update requirements; provides phase-in period for such elevators; specifies additional acts by registered elevator company or certificateholder which are subject to discipline, etc.
Last Action: 5/27/2010 - Chapter No. 2010-110; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 663 (Ch. 2010-176), CS/CS/CS/SB 1196 (Ch. 2010-174)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); Government Operations Appropriations (CGHC); General Government Policy Council
• Introduced, referred to Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); Government Operations Appropriations (CGHC); General Government Policy Council -HJ 00093
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC), 03/25/10, 2:45 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 00478
• CS read 1st time on 04/01/10 -HJ 00477; Pending review of CS under Rule 7.20
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations (CGHC); CS referred to General Government Policy Council -HJ 00608; Now in General Government Policy Council
• On Council agenda-- General Government Policy Council, 04/14/10, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- General Government Policy Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00722
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00722
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00902
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01046; CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 1 -HJ 01047
• In Messages; Received -SJ 00869; Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs -SJ 00869
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Community Affairs -SJ 00931; Substituted for CS/SB 1172 -SJ 00931; Read 2nd time -SJ 00931
• Read 3rd time -SJ 01050; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 01051
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01286
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2010-110; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 663 (Ch. 2010-176), CS/CS/CS/SB 1196 (Ch. 2010-174)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.