HB 1235: Enforcement of Traffic Laws
GENERAL BILL by Schenck ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bovo ; Carroll ; Culp ; Legg ; Workman ; Zapata
Enforcement of Traffic Laws; Prohibits use of traffic infraction detectors & cameras by county or municipality to enforce traffic laws unless expressly authorized by general law; preempts to state authority to use traffic infraction detectors to enforce traffic laws.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00111
• Referred to Governmental Affairs Policy (EDCA); Military & Local Affairs Policy (EDCA); Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council -HJ 00205
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Affairs Policy (EDCA), 03/17/10, 9:00 am, 306-H
• Favorable by Governmental Affairs Policy (EDCA); YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -HJ 00341; Now in Military & Local Affairs Policy (EDCA) -HJ 00341
• On Committee agenda-- Military & Local Affairs Policy (EDCA), 03/25/10, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Military & Local Affairs Policy (EDCA); YEAS 8 NAYS 6 -HJ 00407; Now in Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council -HJ 00407
• On Council agenda-- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council, 04/16/10, 9:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 00761
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00762
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.