CS/SB 1182: State Board of Administration
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Ring
State Board of Administration; Authorizes the board to invest the assets of a governmental entity in the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund without a trust agreement with that governmental entity. Provides that certain investments made by the board under a trust agreement are subject only to the restrictions and limitations contained in the trust agreement. Reduces the number of members on the Investment Advisory Council. Corrects cross-references. Clarifies provisions prohibiting certain conflicts of interest by investment advisers and managers retained by the board.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7155 (Ch. 2011-100) -SJ 757
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 89
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/23/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/30/11, 3:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/05/11, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability (849726); YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 461
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Budget -SJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 541
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 541
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 542
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 757
• Amendment(s) adopted (152682) -SJ 757
• Substituted HB 7155 -SJ 757
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7155 (Ch. 2011-100) -SJ 757
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.